Each day we will share an automotive video that we think you will enjoy. Unlike other articles featuring a video we won’t give our thoughts on this video, but will just give a brief description and share the car related footage.
The Porsche Boxster was designed to pay homage to the legendary 550 Spyder. The mid-engined sports car in many ways is a modern imagination of what the 550 may have become had it stayed in production.
Both cars are very Porsche with the classic roadster becoming a true collector’s car. While the newer machine will not likely be a blue chip collectible (partly due to the higher production numbers), it is no less a fun and very balanced sports car.
This video is of and early 986 Boxster and classic 550 Spyder. You can clearly see how the valuable roadster and Porsche’s newer roadster share the same DNA.
The Super Bowl will be played this weekend and it has become almost a national holiday here in the United States. The big game will have fans of football ready for some hard hitting action. But for many others watching the game, it is all about the commercials.
There have been a number of great car related advertisements that have aired during the event and we have put together a list of our five favorite.
1. Volkswagen Darth Vader Super Bowl Commercial – VW had a winner with a young Darth Vader using the force on a Passat.
2. Kate Upton Washing a Mercedes CLA Super Bowl Commercial – Supermodels like Kate Upton don’t wash their cars like you and I. Mercedes decided to show you how they get their cars clean using a CLA.
3. Audi R8 Godfather Super Bowl Commercial – The Audi R8 is a stunning car and apparently it is popular with the Mafia. This video is straight out of the Godfather.
4. Chevrolet Camaro Graduation Super Bowl Commercial – Graduation is a big deal and parents often give a nice gift for the occasion. When a mixup with the gift happens involving a Camaro it makes for a very funny commercial.
5. Kia Matrix Super Bowl Commercial – Kia decides to take you into the Matrix to sell their luxury car. It is very funny, especially if you enjoyed the Mattix movies.
The new Porsche 911 Turbo looks like it will be just an amazing car. The performance of the new 991 Turbo will set a new benchmark for what is expected in a sports car.
The figures for this car are pretty impressive with the Turbo model putting our 520 horsepower and the Turbo S model upping that to 560 horsepower. Thanks to this The standard car will launch from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and the S model rockets from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.9 seconds (a tenth of a second slower to 60 mph than the current Bugatti Veyron). This great performance gives you shivers when you think of how fast the GT2 will be.
This video is a commercial introducing the new Turbo model. It talks about how the new car started from scratch in that they questioned everything that they already knew. The commercial is very well done and entertaining, plus it has some good footage of the car.
Let us know what you thin of the new 911 Turbo in the comments below.
I love to see old Porsche advertisements. The way that cars in general used to be advertised is quite different than they are advertised today. At one time even the most boring cars would be shown driving quickly on fun curvy roads with a a lot of engine sound. Now a days ads often don’t even show the cars in motion.
The above video features a few vintage advertisements. The ads mainly feature Porsche 944 variants, but there are also scenes with the Porsche 911, Porsche 959, Porsche 928, Porsche 917 and more. Watching the video will make you want to get out there and drive these Porsches that are becoming classics (if they haven’t already made it there).