Porsche Wins the GT Le Mans Class in the First United Sportscar Racing Race
The 2014 endurance racing season has just gotten underway with the Rolex 24 at Daytona. The race was the first for the new United Sportscar Racing series. The season has already been good and there is a lot more to look forward to.
Below is our list of the top 5 reasons that endurance racing will be great this year.
- Porsche’s Return to Le Mans – Porsche is making their return to the top level of competition at Le Mans. They will be racing the new 919 LMP1 race car in an attempt to once again sit at the top of the endurance racing world.
- United Sportscar Racing – The series that was formed from the merger of ALMS and Grand-Am had a great first race. Across the board there were close finishes in each racing class. If the rest of the season is like the Rolex 24, we are in for a treat.
- Audi Versus Porsche – Audi is the current king of Le Mans and Porsche has a history of being on top of the famed 24 hour race. Both companies are owned by Volkswagen group and they will both be vying for the top spot. It should provide some great competition.
- Competitive GT Racing – So far the racing in the GT classes have been very close. In fact in the Rolex 24 one GT class was so close that it took video replay to decide the winner after a penalty was given. More of the same should be expected as the racing season continues.
- Porsche, Corvette, Audi, Aston Martin, Ferrari, SRT and Audi – These famed marquees will be fighting for the top spot in various classes. These are the names of the sports cars that we all want to drive and we will get to see who has the better race car each week this season.