What are the Most Affordable BMW Performance Cars?
BMW is one of the most sought after brands in the world. There is a reason why they call it the ultimate driving machine. They make luxurious and good performing cars, but all this comes at a price.
By that we mean a higher price tag than most other cars. But what if you have to drive a BMW and a regular luxury car from the German automaker just won’t cut it?
Well, we have together a list of the top 5 affordable BMW performance cars.
- BMW M3 – The BMW M3 is the performance car that helped launch the company’s high performance division and the car itself has become a legend. The early E30 cars look like they may turn into good investments over the next few years, but are still somewhat affordable. If you want to pay the least possible, look for the second generation E36 (1995-1999). You can find higher mileage cars in the $4,000 range, but for around $15,000 you have plenty of options.
- BMW M5 – When the M5 was first introduced in the late ’80s it was the fastest sedan you could purchase. While by today’s standards the early cars aren’t earth shatteringly fast, they are plenty quick to keep up with modern traffic. You can find late ’80s and early 90’s models in the $5,000 – $15,000 range depending on mileage and condition.
- BMW Z3 – The Z3 had retro styling and was featured in a Bond film. Sure the little roadster wasn’t the fastest car made, but it is a fun to drive open-aired machine. The Z3 also received the M treatment and that version will command a higher price since it has a lot more performance. You can find plenty of good Z3s from $3,000 – $10,000.
- BMW Z4 – The Z4 is a much more luxurious and better performing car than the Z3. Where the Z3 competed against the likes of the Miata, the Z4 was competing with cars like the Porsche Boxster. You can find good earlier cars in the $10,000-$15,000 range.
- BMW M6 – The M6 first appear in 1983 and it was a very fast large sedan when it first appeared on the scene. One interesting thing is that the M6 was not produced for a few years, but came back into production twice. You can find a good ’80s or ’90s car in the $13,000 – $25,000 range.
For BMW Z4 desktop wallpaper click here.
Picture Source: S 400 HYBRID