By   September 29, 2014

A Porsche 918 Spyder After A Gasoline Fire

A Porsche 918 Spyder After A Gasoline Fire

You must be careful whenever filling up a car to avoid making a spark as gasoline will ignite and catch your car (and possibly you) on fire. This is the reason why we are told to touch the metal of the car before fueling as it will get rid of static electricity.

However, owners of the Porsche 918 Spyder have something else to be very careful for. The hybrid supercar has great looking (and incredible sounding) top exhaust pipes. Well, when fueling one needs to make sure not to accidentally place the nozzle of the exhaust or the heat could produce a fire if gasoline drips on it.

Unfortunately, for the owner of this 918 Spyder they made the mistake of getting gasoline on the exhaust and a fire took out the car. Below are some images of the car after the fire. Hopefully, they can get another 918 after working with the insurance and they have learned their lesson of how not to fuel one of these special supercars.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

Source: @davidandperry via Twitter