A 2005 Ford GT was the Top Seller at Anaheim Auction
Just a few days ago (November 12th – 14th) Mecum had their classic and collector car auction in Anaheim, California. The auction was very successful and saw 416 cars sold which totaled $13,853,225 in sales.
The auction featured some wonderful foreign and domestic automobiles. The top seller was a 2005 Ford GT that sold for $270,000. That’s not bad for a car that just 10 years ago sold new for $149,995. Keep an eye on these Ford GT prices as now may be the time to buy before prices skyrocket (they are already high, but at this rate they could double in just a few years time).
Another notable sale was a Ferrari 308 GTS that sold for $162,500. Now before you go find a 308 that is going for $50,000 and think you can turn around and make a huge profit, this is a special example. The Italian sports car is a 1979 model that was put in storage in 1981 with under 2,000 original miles on it. The time capsule machine is about as close as you can get to how the car would have been when it rolled off the dealer lot.
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S135.1) at $270,000
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird F-Code (Lot S121.1) at $185,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S127) at $170,000
- 1979 Ferrari 308 GTS (Lot S125) at $162,500
- 2008 Ferrari F430 Spider (Lot S188) at $145,000
- 2013 Bentley Continental GTC Mulliner Edition (Lot S100) at $145,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S133.1) at $130,000
- 1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Bus (Lot F195.1) at $125,000
- 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S100.1) at $122,500
- 1956 Chevrolet Nomad Resto Mod (Lot S129) at $115,000