Our Ride Life

Celebrating Automotive Culture

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-28 05:31:58

DavidWallace

1974 Porsche 914 1.8L Targa with 74k Miles - Great Driver - $12,500

00303_3n8tZ7mMM2A_600x450.jpg

Selling my beautiful completely rust free 1974 Porsche 914 1.8L Carbureted (converted from fuel injected for reliability reasons) with pristine removable targa top. Had top off for legit over 3 months straight. Sounds great and is a real driver. Have enjoyed listening to the exhaust notes over installing a stereo for the last year with pleasure, and i'm a music nut. She has the AutoAtlanta 916 fiberglass front bumper, modified rear bumper to fit uninstalled Ansa Quad Tip Dual Exhaust System (included with sale), and side skirts that read Porsche (see pics) which greatly reduces body weight. Gives her a little more pep out of the 1.8L. It has the original interior and has been tastefully resprayed in factory Porsche yellow. Unfortunately, need to get rid of it to fund other projects (82 VW rabbit and 1999 996 911). My loss is your gain. Would love to see someone pull the motor, finish the 916 wide flares, and put in a beefy 2.7!!!

The car only has 74k miles on the clock. I bought it with 71,400 and only put on 2800+ miles in last year. Only 74k miles in almost 45+ years. I have worked tirelessly and spared no expense with the restoration in my care. The infamous hell hole has been attended to and repaired and rest of body is in very good condition for age. Was my daily driver for over 12 months. See below for all work done to the car by me and other professionals. Always garaged and babied, never raced, etc. Just cruised to work (2 miles away), a few car shows, and down PCH with top off on occasion. Clean CA title in hand in my name. Smog Exempt with current tags until April. Gets lots of thumbs up and attention when driving around town.

Legit blast to drive with lots of pickup and great revving. Every gear of reverse dogleg transmission works flawlessly at both low and high speeds. Unless you have driven a dogleg transmission before, you will not be able to test drive until I show you how to drive the car... very raw and unrelenting if not driven properly. It is only for a seasoned and knowledgeable stick driver.

See below for specifications.

- Completely went through car and replaced all problem seals, etc. No Leaking at All.
- Brand new rear lower glass seals
- Auto Atlanta 916 Fiberglass front bumper, modified fiberglass rear bumper to house included quad tip Ansa Dual Exhaust, side skirts that read Porsche on both sides.
- Ansa Quad Tip Dual Exhaust with all gaskets. http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Comp … DYKIT.html
- 2 Oem Heat Transfer Cases with gaskets for perfect fit.
- All shift bearings and linkage replaced by prior owner directly before purchase. Reverse dogleg is relentless, but shifts perfectly through all gears and reverse.
- OEM sunvisors in perfect condition (very hard to find)
- OEM 15" FUCHS Allow wheels with Porsche center caps. Would recommend new tires to the new owner.
- OEM Raising jacks points and other tidbits come with car
- Full Synthetic Mobil 1 oil change when purchased and throughout life.
- Restored the flip-up headlight housings in oem black.
- Multiple spare interior, door panels in both wood fabricated metal depending on need, and extra trim pieces.
- Pristine uncracked full dash and upper. (Very difficult to find in near perfect condition)
- Driver seat has single tear in seat leather (see picture), but interior otherwise in great condition
- Full oem spare.
- OEM Porsche rear trunk reflector.
- OEM Porsche door and ignition keys with fully functioning handles and lock - Please be careful, as they are replaced with oem parts, but don't need a lot of pull to engage, etc. I know from multiple replacement experiences.
- Many other spare parts to come with car.

CONS

- Will need at least 2 new tires due to slight dry rot from sitting in prior owners care. However, didn't stop me from enjoying its AWESOME weight distribution and handling in corners, etc.
- Small tended to crack in bottom lower left of original windshield - forgot it was even there because of location.
- HVAC needs attention (as does every other one on planet), but honestly don't even use it.

If interested, please text or call, text preferred. six ten 597 one one eight3. I am in absolutely no rush to sell, and have ample storage space, so don't waste my time with Lowball offers. $12,500. Possible trades ok with cash on either end depending on what it is. NO I DO NOT need help selling the car. $12,500. Again, would love to see this go to someone who swaps the motor out with something Fast, but keeps it classic. Thanks for looking.

Call Jeff at (610) 597-1183

Car located near Costa Mesa.

Board footer