Our Ride Life

Celebrating Automotive Culture

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-15 06:18:08

ramsey

1999 Porsche 911 with 57K miles for sale - $17000

00M0M_8qKFejQSXiU_600x450.jpg

Beautiful Porsche 911 Carrera, Arena Red exterior with Black leather interior. This car is a convertible with a matching hard top, great for Summer and Winter driving. If you are in the market for your first Porsche 911 then this is the one you want. All original, never molested with low mileage and very well maintained. No leaks! You can drive this car from NY to Florida with absolutely no problem. It has just enough technology to keep you safe but not so much to drive you crazy. This is an easy and inexpensive Porsche to maintain. You can even do your own oil changes to save money on ownership costs!
IMS: The 1999 Porsche 911 came with a dual-row IMS bearing, so there is no need to change it. The later models have a single row IMS bearing - those are the ones with a problem. 1999 is the year that you want to buy.
The good:
Very good condition overall, nice paint, newer tires, strong brakes, nice rims (slight curb rash), perfect head lights and tail lights, original solid muffler, spare tire included, two sets of keys, original books, matching hard top, power windows, cruise control works perfect, heat and a/c works 100%, smooth idle, original radio/CD Player, no check engine light, new water pump and anti-freeze, new belts, new coolant tank and fresh oil change. New spark plugs. No rust anywhere. With only 56K miles on the clock, it has many more years of enjoyment left for the next owner.
The bad:
Paint is an 9 out of 10, it has some light scratches here and there. This is a drivers car- not a garage queen so this is to be expected. Other than that it's in great shape for it's age.

I think the car is really nice as it sits and would not change anything. It has a beautiful vintage patina to it and looks just right. Clean title in hand, ready to sell. I am in the market to treat myself to a new Porsche and need to make room in my garage. No disappointment.
Some free Porsche buying advice: Do not get a Carrera 4 with all wheel drive, it has a front differential and when it fails you will have a hard time finding a rebuilder and it will cost a lot to repair. Do not get a manual gearbox either, when the pinion gears fail, it is very hard to find a shop to rebuild it and extremely expensive. Avoid cars with excessive options as they all just break and will cost you a lot to fix them. Buy the one with the least amount of options. The 996 generation is the best 911 to buy for the person who is not rich.

Car located in New York City, NY. Call or text Michael at (201) 388-3172

Board footer