Our Ride Life

Celebrating Automotive Culture

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-23 03:11:24

Molianalex

I think two of my greatest disappointments might be my own

Gracie's store was a bit finnicky because of acbells no catalog, yeah. I guess it's similar to a number of the special walls and floors from Sahara, and the end-of-season earnings were a fun little quirk.

I have to say, though, New Horizons has good art direction. So many things are really gorgeous. There are a number of sets that are outright tacky in New Leaf but seem good or at least decent in New Horizons.

I mean, in New Leaf we did not even get pumpkin products, besides the wearable hats as well as the jack-in-the-box! I am really glad whenever we get these upgrades, it is really cool to find these items getting back and together with the New Horizons therapy. I can not wait to see what we're gonna receive in March to get Mario things!

I think two of my greatest disappointments might be my own library and my kitchen. First of all they are far more compact than in New Leaf, therefore I can not do too much. And then there is a lack of things. In New Leaf I had lots of food-like items to decorate my kitchen although to be honest they're in the Welcome Amiibo update.

Yeah like I definitely have a lot fine to say about New Horizons, along with the games IMO certainly move the show forward in some meaningful ways. The 3DS assets definitely would not look nice just being plopped into New Horizons as they are (even the ones at Pocket Camp would probably require some touching up). I am not planning to say it is just like the entire Dexit situation, but I really do think at times New Horizons could have benefitted from a little more polish before launch.

Ultimately it is not the worst thing indeed; the game remains fun for me personally and the upgrades are becoming closer and closer to using feature parity with New Leaf. There is plenty of little things here and there that I actually miss from New Leaf (like for instance; Fireworks shows raffle has cute new fireworks things, but they didn't bother bringing back the adorable Showa-era Nintendo toy furniture in New Leaf) but as a whole it is definitely still a good game.

For me, my most wanted features are the return of old furniture. I know that takes time to touch up them and look presentable in HD, and I really hope that it eventually occurs. As good as the buy Animal Crossing Items items in New Horizons look, I feel at times as that they wanted everything to look like a model house; scrutinizing in New Leaf felt much more personal and real and somewhat less like creating a pair for an Ikea catalog. To each their own, of course, but I hardly think it would be a poor thing to have all the variety of past titles with the nice new ideas in New Leaf.

Board footer